Executive Director Administrative Assistant Intern
- 3 years ago
- 1 - 3 Years in Customer service, customer support
- 1 Open Positions
General Job Description
Safe Harbor is looking for a reliable and motivated individual to assist the Executive Director in the day to day operations of a non profit organization remotely. Keep in mind that this is a remote position.
A Executive Director Administrator Assistant Intern will assist the Executive Director in the management of the day to day operations of a non profit. They will help manage virtual office responsibilities, assist in managing team meetings, program development, managing data and updating information in our database, writing fundraising collateral, from brochures to email appeals to thank you notes, agency emails and letters to donors and volunteers, and assist the Executive Director with fundraising projects. This position is great for an individual who want to learn and experience hands on training with a non profit. Excellent opportunity to gain experience working with an enthusiastic Georgia community-based Non-profit.
- Help manage virtual office responsibilities,
- Assist in setting up managing virtual team meetings,
- Managing data and updating information in our database
- Writing fundraising collateral, from brochures to email appeals to thank you notes,
- Agency emails and letters to donors and volunteers.
- Assist the Executive Director with fundraising projects
- Help draft and create agency newsletter
- Assists with fundraising campaigns, contacting donors
- Assists with community events and organizing materials and equipment for events
- Office clerical duties such as review and draft letters, admin email, web based filings, etc.
- Attend weekly web meetings Ideal Candidate Volunteer/Work Experience
- Office Administration and/or customer service background
- At least one year Non-profit work experience
- Volunteer work experience for non-profits
- Experience with Google Drive
- Basic knowledge of grammar and math functions
- Organizational, communication and time management skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient command of English grammar and spelling
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Organizational skills
- Past Office Administration is a plus
- Interest in the mission of Safe Harbor International Ministries
- Energetic Skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a compassion for families
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Attention to detail
Learn daily operations of a non profit Learn how to organize and manage team members Learn how to create appealing up to date agency newsletters in a timely manner based on agreed schedule by collecting data to draft newsletter. Understand how to develop an individual, corporate, foundation
A donor fundraising program by working with the fundraising team. Learn how to perform virtual office clerical duties. Â Learn how to communicate effectively with other team members and Executive Director on assigned projects. Learn how to apply basic clerical skills to the real world work setting.
Safe Harbor International Ministries will, to the best of its ability, complete university/college requirements required for the student to receive course credit.
Currently enrolled student in a college/university/certification program with a major focus in general business, nonprofit development, clerical, or a relevant content area. Must be a sophomore, junior, senior, graduate student or recent graduate.
A Available to work for 10 to 20 hours per week.
We are looking for an intern who can also commit to 6 months to 1 year due to nature of projects.
A Must be able to work remotely, attend web meetings with Executive Director
A Unpaid. Safe Harbor is a Non-profit organization and we encourage you to pursue course credit for this internship, or external grant opportunities if those are available, and we will support these pursuits in any way we can.
A We are looking for an intern who can commit to 6 months to 1 year due to the nature of the projects.
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- MS Excel
- Administrative Works
- Self Motivated
- Microsoft Office
- Interpersonal skills
- Task Management
- Tele calling
- Managing Skills
- Written & Verbal Communication
- Organizing Skills